Wednesday, February 6, 2008

DIY #1 - Save the Date Cards

With a week of February already in full swing, I knew I needed to get the wheels turning on this big bus of bridal bulls--t (well - I just couldn't think of another "b" word that went).





Having felt like accomplished so much on Friday (Picked the fabric for my bridesmaids dresses, which in turn helped choose my main theme colors), I was very motivated to keep the momentum I'd gained.



Since the wedding invite suite will be designed by Cards De Luxe, I couldn't get the same exact thing. I figured for sake of saving time, I would just do the STD cards myself, and it wasn't necessary to match the invites exactly.


I took a long lunch break to stop at Paper Source, buy STD card materials, oh and VOTE! And after a very long night at the office, I still came home feeling energized enough to produce these babies!





Paper Source A2 flat cards in Super Fine Soft White
Paper Source A2 envelopes in Papaya
Paper Source LP-Allium stamp
Color Box Inks (Moss Green and Orange)
Judi Kins Clear Embossing Powder (I so <3 embossing!)

I had a really difficult time coosing the stamp image I wanted. It came down to a group of ginko leaves or this new stamp they got in. I liked how airy it felt and it kind of resembles palm leaves. When I went to check out, the clerk told me they had just gotten these stamps in yesterday! Score one for the newness factor!

The above samples are the finished product. I also liked a right-justified set up, but the FI always likes things to be centered. (Note: I was testing on the envelope in the picture. Final outcome, I think the stamp will be tonal orange on orange).

Addresses will be on clear labels. For some reason, the envelopes will NOT work in my printer. Apparently it's smaller than the allowable dimensions. Do you think the friends and family will like?

No comments: