Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back from our trip with wedding loot!





We are back from our Malaysia & Cambodia trip! First of all, the Angkor temples are A-MAZ-ING!!! You must definitely see them in your lifetime! And the food in Malaysia is incredible!!! A pic of us at the famous Angkor Wat temple with one of the 4 smiling gods.


But, back to wedding stuff now. Upon seeing these gorgeous silk scarves in Cambodia, I recalled a blog in which the bride placed pashmina scarves on the backs of chairs, I thought these would be PERFECT for MY wedding. They were much lighter weight than pashminas, and the bright colors would make the perfect colorful accent to our beautiful ocean backdrop. AND they were much more affordable. The different vendors wanted $3-4 for each scarf but FH, being such a negotiator, worked out the volume discount. I got 60 scarves for the wedding to drape across the backs of chairs and have the women to take one as a gift! (This is the closest kind of scarf I could find a picture of). They are each wrapped so nice and flat in a bag that I don't want to take them out of the bags yet).

What was even more amazing was how I managed to fit them all in my already overstuffed luggage.


No comments: