Saturday, December 22, 2007

Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget

This is one of my all-time favorite sayings that I think really sums me up. I DO have expensive taste. Yet, I am very much a bargain-hunter that can rarely stomach paying "retail". Thus, this saying also easily translates to our wedding planning.



Though there are the things I can't bargain for price and won't sacrifice for quality: the venue, the photography, the food and beverages....




(Above images from Chrissy Lambert, Signature Drinks, and The Kahala).


What I CAN bargain, skimp, or cut back on is pretty much everything else!!!


To date, we have bargained for:


1. Our scarf wedding favors (for the women) purchased in bulk on our Cambodia trip!


2. My Monique Lhuillier wedding gown from her sample sale!!! Early birds definitely catch the worms!!!


3. Additional Chivari chairs for our outdoor ceremony (to be included in our upgrade package).


Future plans of bargain hunting, negotiating, and other wheeling-dealing tactics include"


1. Airline tickets using mileage points.


2. Invitations hopefully through the savvy skills of FMIL.


3. BM dresses


4. Hawaiian luau for day after wedding celebrations if MOB can work her magic.


5. and everything else I can possibly manage!



I hope that as this wedding planning progresses, I can impart some of my acquired knowledge and secrets to other Brides-to Be! My mission is to make sure everyone gets champagne, even if all I can afford is beer!


Anyone else have good tips?

No comments: