Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 will be Gr8! / Bridal Resolutions

2008 - We rang in the New Year with 2 other '08-to-be couples and a pair of newlyweds!
The FI pointed out what a great year 2008 will be:
  1. We're getting married!
  2. We'll go to our bachelor/bachelorette parties (in Cabo & Vegas, respectively).
  3. We'll go on our honeymoon!
In following Miss Jasmine's post on weddingbee, I've decided to post some of my Bridal New Year's Resolutions as well. For many bride-to-be's, I'm sure the list quite similar. Nonetheless, as all the great planning books will advise - it's important to write down your goals. So here goes:

[1] Be mindful of the budget and be resourceful as much as possible. As I have been told more than once, "live within your means". Bargain, negotiate, and cut the unnecessary crap. Nuff said.
[2] Healthy Mind, Body, and Spirit. As an ongoing resolution that I try to kick up a notch each year, I will try to embrace a healthier lifestyle for the mind, body, spirit. With the wedding this year, I have even more incentive to step up my goals! More walking the dog, more yoga, more swimming, more gym, more organic foods and veggies, more water, more kisses, more compliments, more smiles, more hugs, more "I love you's". Less fat, less meat, less alcohol, less sugar, less TV, less negativity, less stress, less complaining.
[3] Remember the whys of the wedding. I will try to remember that the importance of the wedding is about me and the FH. As I have said repeatedly before, I wouldn't care if no one showed up - the wedding of my dreams should be about the FH and myself. Luckily, I have great parents and a great FI that also stand by with me on this one.
[4] Don't sweat the small stuff. So who cares if a napkin doesn't match a BM dress? At the end of the day, no one will remember the small stuff. They will only remember the feeling and the festivities.
[5] Live in the moment. Because being engaged and getting ready to be married is a time in my life that I will only have once. I want to enjoy every moment of our lives - to soak it all in. :)

Happy 2008! We're getting married this year!!!!!!!!

No comments: